An Important Part of The Team
Hopewell appreciates all levels of volunteerism. Volunteering is a great way to make a positive impact in your community, while making a difference in the lives of individuals supported at Hopewell. When you volunteer, you become part of our team and you help to inspire possibilities for individuals with a developmental disability.
Consider Becoming a Volunteer If:
• You believe in Hopewell’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• You are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in your community.
• You are a leader, and eager to share your knowledge an experience.
• You have lived experience and eager to share your knowledge.
• You have a natural affinity for cultivating relationships.
• You have an ability to connect with people who are different from you.
• You possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and passion!
When you share your skills and expertise, you positively impact the people we support and the agency.
As A Volunteer You Will …
• Gain important skills such as teamwork, collaboration, communication, and leadership
• Gain valuable work experience that looks great on a resume and may lead to future career opportunities
• Achieve your volunteer hours for high school community service work required for graduation
• Be able to advocate on behalf of and help break down barriers for people with disabilities
• Learn more about the Developmental Services Sector
• Be enriched by the experiences you will share with others
• Develop new friendships and help to expand the social network of someone who may otherwise never meet you!
Hopewell’s Board of Directors volunteer to support the work of Hopewell and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Board members serve as a trusted advisor and work in partnership with the Executive Director to promote the best interests of the organization.
Service on Hopewell’s Board of Directors is without remuneration.
For more information on becoming a Board member, please contact Maria Zegarac, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hopewell currently has three (3) committees of the Board: Fundraising / Marketing, Finance and Human Resources. Although Board members serve on committees as well, we do welcome community members who may wish to volunteer their expertise as a committee member.
Service on any one of Hopewell’s Committees is without remuneration.
For more information on participating on a Board committee, please contact Maria Zegarac, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Do you have limited time, but want to make a long-lasting contribution? Hopewell is often looking for individuals to assist with special projects such as gardening, administration, property maintenance and site improvements. We also need assistance from time to time with special events and fundraisers. A few hours or simply one full day of your time can make a positive difference in the lives of supported individuals for years to come.
For more information on Volunteering forSpecial Projects/Events, please contact Louise Poole, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spend time along side our program staff and supported individuals while participating in planned program activities or activities of daily living. Play a game, make a craft, prepare a snack, or read a book to an avid listener. You will have the opportunity to meet with our staff who will provide you with a complete orientation and on the job training who will be there to support you as you become a part of our team. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know some great people, develop lasting relationships, and know you’ve made a difference in someone’s life.
When it comes to volunteering, passion is our number one requirement. The most valuable skills you can bring to any volunteer role are compassion, an open mind, a willingness to do whatever is needed and a positive attitude.
All of our volunteers are required to submit an application form, references, and a current Criminal Reference Check (with Vulnerable Sector Screening). Depending on the position you are applying for, you may also be required to provide a driver’s abstract and proof of COVID-19 vaccination as well as any other relevant health information.
• Click here to complete the volunteer application form
• Volunteer candidates will be contacted by either Human Resources or a program Manager to follow up on your application.
• You will receive an overall orientation to Hopewell and to the specific area you are volunteering for
• You’ll have access to ongoing training opportunities to build and develop your skills
• You’ll have flexibility in your schedule to determine when, where, and how often you are able to volunteer
• You will receive ongoing supervision and support to provide you feedback on your experience
Click Here to View Our Current Volunteer Opportunities